Located on the western edge of the village Russian Slava held on an area of 24 hectares, Slava stream valley, whose Ibid city is the only fortified area is crossed by a stream and presents works embankment, drainage, bridges.
Fortress Slava Valley was first described by the geographer Pamfil Poland in 1897 as a belt of fortifications, with thick walls with 33 towers and three gates. In 1911, Vasile Parvan identified it as Ibida (Polis Ibid).
Mentioned by ancient sources fortress was built by the Romans in the intersection of the most important Roman roads in Dobrogea, in an area with traces of the Stone Age (Middle Paleolithic, Neolithic), Bronze Age, Iron Age.
The archaeological site is complex and archaeological excavations conducted, it was discovered a basilica with three naves and three aisles, 7 levels of living, and 2.5 kilometers west of the city has been identified paleo-Christian monastic complex, while 2 5 km east of the city was discovered ciency with wave and alignment.
One of the most important discoveries occurred in 2001 when, after researchers conducted archaeological, West Gate was discovered a whole, representing a defense apparatus and access to the city.
Ibida site is located at the crossroads of important communication arteries, linking cities Macin, Constanta, Hârşova, Tulcea and Babadag, as follows: Hârşova – Ciucurova (DN 22) – Russian Slava (DN 22 B); Macin – Russian Slava (DN 22B); Tulcea – Ciucurova (DN 22) – Russian Slava (DN 22B); Tulcea – Babadag – Two Cantons (E87) – Russian Slava (DN 22B); Constance – Two Cantons (E87) – Russian Slava (DN 22 B).