The third monastery, which completes the triangle of the three places of worship in Dobrogea (Rooster – Celic-Dere – Saône), known Romanian and foreign tourists, is Saon, which is at a distance of 11 kilometers Niculiţel in Tulca.
Saon was founded in 1846 during the Ottoman rule, the departure of the monks from the monastery Celic-Dere. As a result, those who came here to Saon raised some adobe huts and a chapel that Celic-Dere monastery subdued.
Saon Monastery, the big church housed the relics of saints Vichente, Maxim Greece, Metropolitan Innocent, Epictetus Astion priest and monk, scrape with them is always exposed pilgrims worship.
Also here are also found pieces of garments that belonged to Saint John the New in Suceava, Pious Paraskeva and St. Gregory Decapolitul, and a piece of wood of the Cross.
The monks of the monastery not only deals but also by increasing peacocks, place of worship impressing therefore very colorful feathers and birds and rich.