Leaving Măcin behind, tourists can continue their vacation by visiting the Celic Dere monastery, located 28 kilometers from Tulcea, between the villages of Posta and Telita, in the Cilic valley.
The buses from Tulcea – Cataloi – Telita have a stop right in front of the Celic-Dere monastery, so access to the place of worship is facilitated.
The place of worship was founded between 1841 – 1844 by Athanasie Lisavenco, archimandrite, and Paisie, monk, as a mixed monastery. Then, for 10 years, the monastery was abandoned and destroyed during the Crimean War. In 1846, a hermitage was built for the monks at Cilicul de Jos – the current Saon monastery – and the Celic monastery remained for the nuns.
The monastery resembles a village with scattered households, even having a museum, organized in the former workshop of religious painting and carpet weaving, where you can find, among other things, several copies of old Romanian books.
Also, in the courtyard of the monastery there is a windmill, considered an architectural monument.